Thursday, May 21, 2009

On my way back from taking care of stuff from school and I realized I wanted to mention one more person that I just recently met.

Not too long ago I participated in an artist fair in Astoria that was put together by Astoria Events. There was a fellow soapmaker who owns a store in Astoria there as well. I had no idea there was a soap shop in my area but I didn't see it as competition. I see Vivian and her Little Soap Shop (http://www.thelittlesoapshop.net/) as another networking resource for me.

I recently visited Vivian in her shop and boy I felt like I walked into my future. Her shop located on 36th St right off of Ditmars Blvd. is my dream come true, it is small but quaint!

When I walked in Vivian was measuring out her lye and she had this ginormous gas mask on. I didn't want to disturb her so I told her to continue doing what she was doing. When she was done I introduced myself and she was just as excited to know I existed in Astoria. She was a delight to speak to and she was so kind to me and my son. She offered me the chance to have a basket of my samples in her store so I can drum up some business. How wonderful is that of her! Please visit Vivian if you can and buy some of her soap. I of course I bought 3 and I am loving it!!

Thanks Vivian for your kindness!

XOXO
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment