Tuesday, September 8, 2009

There is Something Different in the Air Around Me.

As the summer seems to dwindling down, or what we have had of summer, I am beginning to enjoy the cool nights. Fall is soon upon us and I am starting to get the bug to get creative and make my soaps. I don't like it much when I get into slumps and can't find my groove. I am eager to work on new creations and add more products to my line.

For some reason there seems to be something different in the air that surrounds me. This weekend was a holiday weekend for many. I spent this weekend with my son exploring Farmer's Markets, a street fair and just meeting up with friends for lunch. Everytime we would come home to wind down from the day's activities, my son and I would sit on the couch and talk about the days events. Although he is only 4 1/2 he is quite inquisitive and really has a great sense of self. As I looked at him and began thinking about where the time had gone because I feel like I just gave birth to him yesterday, I started to feel different. This usually comes to me when I realize he is at the next phase of his life. He is starting Pre-K tomorrow and I really see my son as a little boy, a little boy who I hope grows up to be a great man.

Now I feel it is the time to get my new baby off it's feet. I can't allow for obstacles, either big or small to get in my way anymore. I have to remind myself that what I do is for him, for us, for our future.

XOXO
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Aaah he's growing up so fast isn't he? It's good that you are enjoying this time with him. Hey maybe you'll get some time to do soap while he's doing homework!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping and looking forward to making soap now that I have a little more time. He is growing up fast and I am amazed.

    ReplyDelete