Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sugar Loaf, New York

Ah...Thanksgiving is now but a memory, although I am sure many of you are still eating leftovers. I am not a fan of the Black Friday shopping craze, however I will shop online at all hours of the day and night. My mom and I love going to Sugar Loaf NY the day after Thanksgiving to spend money at a craft village. Sugar Loaf Art and Craft Village is a community of craftspeople and artists nestled under the Sugar Loaf Mountain in Orange County, NY. It is a distinguised crafts community of over 250 years. It remains true to its heritage as the year round home to independent artisans and crafters many of whom live and work in the original barns and buildings that date back to the 1700's. Please visit their website at http://www.sugarloafnewyork.com/.

I took pictures, which I will post when I get home. It is always nice to get out and support local small businesses. I can't tell you how much money I spent but it was well worth every penny.

XOXO
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. I was trying to remember the name of this craft village that you'd mentioned. I should have come to the blog earlier or just given you a call. Silly me!

    ReplyDelete