Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year! Welcome 2010


I begin this blog with an apology for not writing in some time. I have been so caught up with the holidays and taking a week off from work to stay home with my son.


Needless to say I was looking forward to beginning the new year because of all the possibilities that lie ahead of me. I ended 2009 a bit more confident and self assured in my soap business. I also had many sales that just confirmed that I am making the right decision in pursuing my passion. I also was beginning the new year with a visit to Dr. Cori Stern-Torres, at the HealthPoint Nutrition and Chiropractic Center (http://www.healthpointnutrition.com/).


I met Dr. Cori back in May 2008 at a Craft Event where she was talking to people about Nutrition Response Therapy. I went over to her table and she performed a 5 minute analysis and was able to confirm what I thought. She asked that I come in for an evaluation and begin treatment. As with many things I encounter in my life, when something is good for me and it produces positive change for some reason, I back off until I am really ready.


This brings me to November 2009, I was feeling sluggish, fatigued, couldn't lose a pound, horrible cravings for chocolate or any type of sweets. I decided it was time to call Dr. Cori; the best decision I could have made for myself. January 2, 2010 at 11 am I was finally in the office of Dr. Cori and I am glad I was there! After an evaluation and a discussion, the culprit to my blah feelings were SUGAR! Dr. Cori said I had to cut sugar out of my diet and the journey to my health recovery will begin. I didn't know if I should be elated because now I had an answer or if I had to grieve my sweet tooth and my love for cake! In reality, I know it is the best thing for me and I am now more determined than ever to follow through and live a much more sugar free happy life.


I mentioned earlier, that I tend to run from things that are positive because of my insecurities. I can say with confidence that I am so very much looking forward to 2010 for a number of reasons:

1- a healthier lifestyle

2- nurturing my soap business

3- smiling more and feeling better

4- finally taking control of my life and my happiness!


So I say adios to sugar and hello to feeling free!!
Again, I wish you much happiness and success in 2010!!
XOXO
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment