Tuesday, February 9, 2010

NYC Snowy Forecast

It has been reported throughout the week that NYC is to expect a snow storm like no other. I normally don't get too excited because our snow storms do not compare to those of when I was a child in the 70's. However, the Dept of Education and my son's school St Joseph's have posted on their websites "SCHOOL IS CLOSED TOMORROW DUE TO THE INCLEMENT WEATHER". I chuckled because as a child I was always sent to school no matter what and of course I was planning the same for my son. I will say that I will report to work tomorrow and my son will stay home with his great grandma. My 87 year old grandmother, bless her heart, is packing up her stuff from her home in Riverdale to spend the next few days in my home to care for my son. It is times like this I appreciate family and appreciate the days we have with her.
I wish all my readers much luck tomorrow and be safe. Oh by the way, how ironic, it was this same woman who would send me to school with a 103 fever and she is the first to call me to tell me to keep my son home!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment