Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Natural Bed Bug Spray

I am here in sunny Florida and I am enjoying my time! However prior to getting here I was in panic mode over the bed bug issue going on in several states, one including my own, NY.

I came a cross a recipe I found online and decided to make it and share it with you. I don't remember where I found it from however I will look again for it and give credit to the author.

All you need is 2 8 oz blue or amber glass spray bottles or you can do 4 4oz I also suggest using distilled or spring water vs. tap water.

Natural Bed Bug Spray
1 cup of distilled or spring water
10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
10 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
5 drops of Clove Essential Oil

Mix well and before each use shake the spray bottle.

This recipe smells divine for you bad bad for the bed bugs!!

Enjoy!
XOXO
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Great tip!! I'm also freaked out about these nasty little buggers. I've decided that I'll take all defensive steps to keep bed bugs at bay. I purchased a bed bug mattress and pillow protector. I'll add this recipe to my front line. Thx again for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment rabryson. I too am freaked out over the BB issue! GROSS!! LOL I also have a recipe for a herb pouch that you can make and keep it in your bag. I actually made some and put it in my luggage and my son's luggage when we went to Florida.

    ReplyDelete