Friday, September 3, 2010

Name That Berry!!


Walking home from the health food store I came across this beautiful bush of berries. I immediately thought it was elderberries but then looked it up when I got home and realized they weren't. The berries are a beautiful purple and are strong to the touch. They hang in a beautiful cluster and I was so tempted to pick it but decided it was best to leave it.
Ever since I took classes with Robin Rose Bennett at the Open Center, I have looked at trees, shrubs, weeds, leaves, flowers and all plant life with a different eye. I am amazed as the variety of plant life that exists all around us, even in the city!
So if you can help me identify this beautiful berry I would be grateful..
XOXO
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,

    I think it is Pokeweed. If so, it's poisonous us, but not birds.

    Hope this helps!

    Marla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marla

    It does help and you are right..Bad for humans but great for the birds. I hope the local birds enjoy the berries!

    ReplyDelete