Saturday, September 18, 2010

Oh My - My New Obsession...Silicone Molds!

Now that I am growing in my soap making company, Naturally Good Soaps, I have developed a new obsession...Silicone Molds!! Oh my there are so many and they are so fun! I also think I like them because I don't have to line them with freezer paper like you have to do with wooden log molds. I just looked at Whole Sale Supplies Plus and they have so many cute silicone molds, that I think I hear my fingers typing my credit card number in their shopping cart real soon!

The molds in this picture are some of my new ones. The metal one I purchased at a cake supply store in NYC for only $5.00! I figured when I start making bath fizzies, this may make a great mold. The silicone molds I bought at Michael's using my 50% off coupon, so they were both $5.00 each as well! Woo Hoo...love discounts! I thought the circle mold would be great for my new sugar scrubs.

6 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous! I have a few silicone moulds to work with as well and they are so simple and leave the outsides of the soap so SMOOTH. xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer, It is always fun to try new molds and ideas with products you can pretty much anywhere. I was a kid in the candy store in the cake store because there are so many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy from Tenth Avenue Soapworks and I were just discussing silicone molds. We both have CPOP'd with them and found the molds to leave sort of a bubbly spongy texture on the outsides of the soaps. Ever dealt with that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment Courtney. I haven't experienced that as of yet. I am going to use the molds for sugar scrubs (ovel mold) and I was going to experiment this week with one HP and one CP to see if there is any difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have piqued my interest as well, Melissa. I just placed an order with WSP. I forgot to check out their molds!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, you will love their molds. I also go to Michael's when I have coupons to save some money as well. I used the circle mold one last night to make sugar scrubs. It worked wonderfully! I am not going to try to make the leaf and pumpkin mold with CP soap to see how that works.

    ReplyDelete