Saturday, May 14, 2011

Prospect Park Herb Walk Brooklyn, NY

On a beautiful Saturday on May 7, 2011 I took a herb walk with my fellow classmates from the Third Root Community Center Herbal Foundation Course 1. I was so excited about this because I was able to now but the names to the "faces" of these herbs and also be able to explore Prospect Park in Brooklyn.

All of my senses were on overload. I couldn't get enough of the beauty before me. I really felt like a kid in a candy store and I took pictures of everything. In this last week, I have been looking at trees, shrubs, flowers, plants with a whole new lens. There is a part of me that giggles because I feel like they are jumping out at me screaming, "what's my name?" I know it sounds silly but it is the honest truth. I appreciate their beauty in a different way and I wish I could just identify each and every living green plant. I know in time I will be able too. For now I will appreciate the 15 or so that I already know.

The picture I have here is of Golden Rod (Solidago canadensis). Golden Rod is used to help those with arthritis, bladder stones, diarrhea, indigestion and eczema. They contain anti-inflammatory, astringent and diuretic properties. For more pictures from the herb walk check out my Naturally Good Soaps Facebook Page.

What do you experience when you see green beauty?

XOXO
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment