Sunday, May 15, 2011

Why I Love Making Soap

I began learning about soap and aromatherapy in 2003. I wanted to begin making products for myself and family and I wanted to do it naturally. I thought that if I was going to convert to locally grown and organic foods, then I need to also take care of my skin using the same holistic ingredients. I fell in love with the fact that I can use everyday items to enhance my skin. Believe me when I tell you that this quickly became an obession;  a good obessesion of course. The more you learn and read about all the chemicals that go into making a product that we put on our skin everyday, it becomes scary.

What I love most about making soap and bath and body products is the amazing group of people you meet along your journey. I have friends all over the United States, UK and Australia. We all have a different approach to how our final products look but we all have a common goal; beautiful handmade products.

I really didn't believe that I can have a business, until about 2009. I knew working a full time job and raising a son on my own that I would have to make the time to make this work. There are times where it can be challenging, but the best challenge is succeeding. The little accomplishments I make everyday, from filing to obtain my LLC, to having money to order supplies, to making time to manage the website is all worth it when a customer expresses their love for your product.

Tell me why you love to do what you do?

XOXO
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment